Set up on DB Server and Client.
- Make sure that the “Distribute Transaction Coordinator” Service is running.
- Also make sure you check “Network DTC Access”, “Allow Remote Client”, “Allow Inbound/Outbound” and “Enable TIP”.
To enable Network DTC Access for MS DTC transactions
- Open the Component Services snap-in.
To open Component Services, click Start. In the search box, type dcomcnfg, and then press ENTER.
- Expand the console tree to locate the DTC (for example, Local DTC) for which you want to enable Network MS DTC Access.
- On the Action menu, click Properties.
- Click the Security tab and make the following changes: In Security Settings, select the Network DTC Access check box.
In Transaction Manager Communication, select the Allow Inbound and Allow Outbound check boxes.
- Enable firewall (outbound and inbound) for DTC.